Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Nick of No Kid's Top 12 Albums of 2008

I asked the lead singer from my favorite band of 2008, Nick Krgovich of No Kids, to send me over a list of his top 10 albums for 2008.

And he did. He did even better. He sent over his top 12.

This cat is fa real. I think this is why "Come Into My House" is my favorite album of the year. His top 12 includes the obscure, the indie famous, legendary funk expirmentalists, and a funky R&B chartreuse. Also a bunch of people I never heard of.

Thanks Nick for sending this over. If you haven't bought it yet, go get No Kids "Come Into My House" now.

Nick Krgovich's (No Kids) Top 12 of 2008

Allez Allez - Promises

Erykah Badu - New Amerykah, Part One (4th World War)

Beach House - Devotion

Dri - Smoke Rings

Herbie Hancock, Thad Jones, Ron Carter, Jerome Richardson, Grady Tate, Jonathan Klein - Hear O' Israel: A Prayer Ceremony In Jazz

Tommy Jay - Tommy Jay's Tall Tales of Trauma

Reiko Kudo - Licking Up Dust

The Magnetic Fields - Distortion

John Maus - Love Is Real

Arthur Russell - Love Is Overtaking Me

Sprigs of Time: 78s from the EMI Archive

Mark Tucker - In The Sack

No comments: