Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Grand Don't Come For Free

Woo hoo.

We did it. We've hit 1,000 visitors. I won't get into the breakdown of repeats vs multiple page loads vs unique visitors (that's for our nascent Taking on Goliath advertising department). But I will say that on the whole, I'm pretty pleased. Just to compare, my startup costs have been none, zero promotion, all done in my spare time, and I've had over 1,000 page views.

I could never do this with a print publication. Even some Xeroxed copied product would've cost me a pretty penny. And there's no way 1,000 people wouldv'e seen it or read it (not that I'm saying 1,000 people have read the blog. Cos that's just not true).

But I want to say thank you to all the people who check in their readers, or gasp, plug in The Shimmy Shake into their address bars occassionally. I try to be a faithful blogger, but it doesn't always happen. But thanks for sticking with me.

Thanks for all the comments and love. Thanks to all the bands who've been kind enough to sit through one of my torture-light amatuer interviews.

Thanks to all the hustlers. And most importantly you: the customer.

Drinks is on the house.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Just imagine how many visitors you'd get if you started giving away 'cue.

[start with me]